Monday, April 7, 2014

Thank you Undertaker

The day has finally arrived. Undertaker's legendary winning streak at Wrestlemania ended just now at Wrestlemania XXX.

And after that moment, a piece of my childhood was lain to rest.

I literally grew up watching the Undertaker way back when I was a kid. I saw him in his first Wrestlemania appearance (against "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka). Being a big Castlevania fan that I am, I immediately was captivated by the Undertaker's persona. His every ring entrance in Wrestlemania has been nothing short but spectacular, and is one of my most anticipated moments in each Wrestlemania event.


The Undertaker's matches in each Wrestlemania outing has proven to be something memorable each and every time that man enters into the ring. With my most favorite match being The Undertaker VS Shawn Michaels; he knows how to bring glory in each Wrestlemania match he's in... until now.

Seeing him lose the streak, and potentially this match being his final match and retiring doesn't feel right. It ended with a wrestler that's just virtually a side-lining wrestler, not one that's as memorable and as legendary as say Triple H or Shawn Michaels. It felt so wrong. This wasn't how I imagined the Undertaker would lose his streak and retire. The match was painfully boring and the opponent is someone that the fans could care less about. Now with the looming possibility of the Undertaker quitting wrestling for good, I just lost the biggest reason why I even watch and anticipate every Wrestlemania event yearly. And to me, its simply heartbreaking...

The sting of Undertaker's loss was simply too painful for alot of the fans (me included).






I know that all great things must come to an end, that much can also be said of the Undertaker's legendary streak. I guess I'm just not prepared to say goodbye. :( Thank you the memories Undertaker, I will miss you dearly...

No comments:

Post a Comment