Saturday, May 15, 2010

I HAZ VOLTRON!! ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!! XD

voltron

Get a Voltron Toy

(Achievement Unlocked: May 15, 2010) O-M-G. I never thought this day would ever arrive. After over 20 years, I’m finally a proud owner of a REAL VOLTRON TOY!! I’m not talking about those fake ones, this is the real deal.

voltron

Now, I’m one helluva Voltron fan. After all these time, he’s still one of my favorite robots despite those new Gundams etc. He holds a very special place in my heart as its one of those robots that’s just so kick-ass when I was a kid, as well as other kids who grew up in the 80s.

Back in the day, when I was a kid, I wanted to own one. But well, my parent’s can’t afford it yet, as it was so expensive for a toy. The toy back in the day looked like this:

VoltronComp1aEvery kid in the block wanted to own one, even me. So I kinda grew up, thinking I missed out on owning one of the most kick-ass toys in my lifetime. But I was damn wrong…

Several years later, Toynami would take long-time Voltron fans by surprise, by releasing a 20th Anniversary Masterpiece edition Voltron toy, which looks like this:

451739d796a36_11953b This snazzy Voltron toy is pretty much like the original Voltron die-cast toy. Only difference is this one is much more “sexier” and more accurate to the TV series. Well there was a limited edition of these bad boys, meaning once its sold-out, its gone forever. And sadly I kinda missed out on getting one… AGAIN!! I’ve like given up hope of ever owning a Voltron toy at this point…

After countless times of losing the chance of owning a Voltron toy, suddenly I saw this…

TN7332lg

Toynami was very gracious enough to release another Voltron toy, just in time for its 25th anniversary. It used the same mold as the 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Edition, but ditches the die-cast parts for a more sturdier plastic build (meaning I can play around with it much more than the Masterpiece Edition which is kinda fragile), with a shiny chrome finish. And I for one, wanted to own one. Now thing is, my GF, Kate, promised me then that she would give it to me as a birthday gift. So I waited for her to keep her promise. And after almost 4 years of waiting, she finally made my dreams come true…

Image0697 

She comes up with the box, and I was simply speechless. Well because first off, it was days ahead of my birthday, and next, I never expected she can really get it, as it was kinda expensive. But luckily for her, she got the set on sale, and I couldn’t be any happier. XD

1 2 3 4 The pics here doesn’t do this magnificent toy justice, seriously this looks absolutely gorgeous in person. It’s that awesome. And not only that, IT’S FREAKING HUGE!! It’s the biggest toy I have on my collection so far!! Here it is beside my 2 Transformer combiner toys:

5 It’s damn huge. My 2 combiner class toys suddenly looked cheap beside this bad boy. And its shiny!! I like shiny stuff… XD

Looking at it now, I guess these are one of those rare moments where God shows that there’s truly a reason for everything; good or bad. Back then I never understood why I was one of those kids who never owned a Voltron toy, or why when the 20th Anniversary Masterpiece edition came out, I was unfortunate enough not to get one. Now I realize, if I owned the toy back then, I would be getting a more blockier version of the toy and I probably won’t value it as much as I do now. Had I gotten the 20th Anniversary Masterpiece edition using my money, it wouldn’t have been as special as receiving it as a gift from someone special in your life. Everything happens for a reason. ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment