Friday, January 29, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs Review – part 1 -

movie header

Ever felt you’re special? That you’re destined for a greater purpose? That all you’ve been doing is something that’s going to change the world? Those are the types of questions that challenges the audience as soon as they start watching this film, as it whips up the age-old recipe of a typical cast-out reaching his dreams. Does this movie deliciously live-up to it’s premise, specially when stacking it up with Pixar’s gourmet? Let’s have a taste shall we?

cloudy_with_a_chance_of_meatballs_ver3

Now before I begin, I would like to inform you that I never read the book, hell I never even knew this film was based on a book. But I guess that’s okay, since according to most people who have read the book, this movie just took some of the ideas in the book and went on to make their own thing with it which is a good thing in my opinion.

The film starts at a very good pace, not boring or dragging the audience too long with its premise; a misunderstood genius who wants to make something special for his town.

cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatballs

Meet our hero; Flint Lockwood (voiced by Bill Hader) a misunderstood genius and a bit of an odd-ball but sincerely wants to help his town by creating a revolutionary invention that will make their lives easier. I for one, hold a special affinity towards Flint, specially at the very beginning where he was encouraged by his mom to never give up, and that she believes that Flint was special. I know this sounds abit sappy, but I actually shed a tear or two on that scene, simply because I feel for the guy & that I too share a similar experience with my parents. That in itself got me from uninterested, to very interested to seeing the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment